The SFSB is a member of the European Network of Forensic Science Institutes (ENFSI) (www.enfsi.eu) since 1998. Latvian forensic scientists participate in the work and proficiency tests of the following ENFSI Working Groups:
• Animal, Plant and Soil Traces Expert Working Group
• Expert Working Group Firearms/GSR
• European Textile and Hair Group
• European Paint & Glass Working Group
• European Documents Experts Working Group
• European Network of Forensic Handwriting Experts
• European Fingerprints Working Group
• Forensic Information Technology Working Group
• Road Accident Analyses Expert Working Group
• Fire and Explosion Investigation Working Group.
The SFSB also participates in ENFSI Quality and Competence Standing Committee.